One of the main reasons why I decided to start Inspiralized was so that I could share with the world that it is possible to cook and eat your favorite types of foods without having to worry about high carb and calorie counts.
Actually, when I first began blogging, I published “Skinny Sundays” where I’d make a low-calorie and low-carb meal and include the nutritional information (calories, carbs, protein and fat).
I was seeing so many recipes online that featured a large bowl of pasta with the tagline “Eat this for less than 300 calories.” How deceiving! In reality, the pictured bowl of pasta would be over 600 calories, while the actual recipe would barely yield a baby’s fistful of noodles.
Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I started Inspiralized. While I no longer include nutritional information in all of my recipes, most of them are very low calorie and low carb! Plus, let’s not forget that while you’re eating this slimming bowl of noodles, you’re also eating vegetables – which pack heart-healthy nutrients!
But you know my pitch by now – spiralizing vegetables opens up a whole new world for food lovers!
In honor of New Year’s Resolutions (I know you’re all scouring the Internet for healthy, low-cal recipes to stick to your goals), here are just 10 of my recipes that are under 350 calories. These recipes will fill you up while keeping you feeling light and nourished.
Say goodbye to baby fistfuls and say hello to truck loads of noodles! Okay, maybe not truck loads… you know what I mean!
10 Healthy Spiralized Recipes Under 350 Calories
1. Spinach and Goat Cheese Zucchini Spaghetti Frittata: 102.5 calories per serving
2. Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Saffron Zucchini Pasta: 224 calories per serving
3. Tuna, Celery and Egg Spiralized Pasta Salad: 235 calories per serving
4. Baked Chicken and Kale Zucchini Pasta: 237 calories per serving
5. Spicy Ginger Scallion & Egg Drop Zucchini Noodle Bowl: 240 calories per serving
6. Chicken Pho Zucchini Noodle Soup: 245 calories per serving
7. Greek Cucumber Pasta Salad: 293 calories per serving
8. Zucchini Spaghetti and Sriracha Fried Eggs: 330 calories per serving
9. Teriyaki Zucchini Fried Noodles with Shrimp and Broccoli: 350 calories per serving
10. Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta with Apricots and Wheat berries: 350 calories per serving
Which low-cal spiralized dish are you going to make? Do you like seeing calorie counts on recipes?