It’s the day after Thanksgiving and you haven’t taken off your Lululemons yet, in fear of squeezing into a pair of jeans. Buttons are your enemy and spandex leggings are your friends.
Don’t fret, it’s just a little water weight gain and it’ll shed quickly, especially if you’re careful over the next few days, eating cleanly and leanly.
Whenever I need to drop a few pounds or just simply want to feel lighter and healthier after an indulgent weekend or evening, I always make the dish you see above: Baked Chicken and Kale Zucchini Pasta.
I tried a juice cleanse a few years back when they first became popular. Call me untrendy, because I couldn’t hack it. I lasted about 23 minutes and then I ate a cupcake.
There aren’t any shortcuts. You know what there are plenty of? Healthy recipes! Start Pinning, because New Year’s Resolutions are coming up and you’ll want to keep this recipe on hand for those “oh-no-I-drunk-ate-three-slices-of-pizza-last-night” moments.
Relax, Inspiralized is here. Don’t shock your body by sipping on coffee and Diet Coke for a day. Instead, make this recipe, and I guarantee that you’ll wake up feeling refreshed.
The best part of this meal? You’re eating a giant bowl of pasta that’s filling and flavorful! I want to sing on top of the mountains and tell everyone about this recipe, because it just proves that healthy eating is possible and it’s easy and tasty. The lemon helps with, ehem, digestion and really… well, regulates stuff… you know, like pH levels.
Let’s look at it’s nutritional information (calculated by estimation using CalorieCount.com):
Carbs: 16 g
Fat: 9.6 g
Protein: 24.8 g
’nuff said, right?
Now go enjoy your post-Thanksgiving weekend. Just print out this recipe first.
- 1/2 one chicken breast (about 70-75 g), slivered into strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- 1 large zucchini, Blade C
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with the cooking spray and add in the chicken strips. Season with salt, pepper and oregano flakes. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the chicken, add a large skillet over medium heat. Let the pan heat up and coat lightly with cooking spray. Add in the kale and cook for about 3 minutes or until mostly wilted.
- Add in the zucchini noodles, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, juice from the lemon wedge and toss to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until zucchini noodles soften.
- Add the chicken to the zucchini pasta, toss to combine and plate. Enjoy!