Today is our one year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe how quickly time has passed. Also, I still feel like we’re honeymooning!
But today isn’t about our anniversary (which we’re spending currently in Thailand, eek!), it’s about this easy recipe, perfect for date night or just an easy weeknight meal. Leftovers save well here too, so make an extra batch of this pasta, pop it in the fridge, and enjoy it for lunch the next day.
The combination of flavors here is killer – savory chicken sausage, salty Parmesan cheese, crunchy broccoli, and garlic. It’s totally one of my go-tos when I’m thinking of what to make for dinner.
If you’re vegetarian, swap in some white beans or tofu for the chicken sausage and if you’re vegan, use a vegan parmesan substitute or just leave it out or sprinkle with some nutritional yeast.
This dish comes together easily and what I especially love about it, is that you don’t need any added oil, because the sausage provides the oil to cook the rest of the ingredients in, so the entire dish is infused with those rich sausage flavors.
Can’t wait to see you all making this dish – make sure to always use the hashtag #inspiralized on Instagram so we can see and regram our favorites!
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, I am celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with my husband, in Southeast Asia. Thus, I am not checking blog comments and messages. If you do leave a comment, Meaghan, our Brand & Community Manager is here to respond and help with any questions. You can always e-mail her if you need anything while I’m gone. I return July 4th weekend, and will respond to everything that week when I’m back in the office. Thank you for your patience and understanding as I enjoy this time with my husband!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- 2 chicken sausage links, decased
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is heated, add in the chicken sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned on the outside and then add in the garlic and broccoli. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir well. Add in the chicken broth and cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender and chicken sausage is cooked all the way through.
- Once the broccoli and sausage is almost fully cooked, add in the zucchini noodles and toss well to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is al dente. Add in the parmesan cheese and toss well, off heat, until combined.
- Divide the pasta into bowls and serve.