This weekend, I finally visited a Houlihan’s to taste my menu. MY menu (crazy to say that, still.)
It was such a surreal, exciting, and humbling experience.
Oh, and real quick: we’re having a President’s Day sale off the Inspiralizer (today only!)
In case you missed the announcement, I collaborated with Houlihan’s Restaurants on an Inspiralized Specials Menu (yes, a fully spiralized specials menu.) The menu was launched at all Hou locations across the country (70+!)
I visited one near me – the Bayonne location. I went on Saturday night with Lu, my sister Felicia and her boyfriend, Ben.
Every single person at the restaurant was so friendly, accommodating and gracious. I was blown away by their kindness and hospitality.
What I was most shocked by was how much they complimented the Inspiralized menu! From the Chef to the General Manager, they all loved it – they even said their serving staff was eating it and experimenting with spiralized vegetables themselves.
It was humbling to say the least. Some servers stopped by to let me know that there were customers eating their dinners off the specials menu that night that wanted to “send their thanks.” The serving staff even said that their regulars were loving the menu!
I can’t tell you how happy this made me – I was nervous (kind of like when my cookbook first released) for how the menu would be received!
Lu, my sister and Ben all LOVED the dishes - we ordered everything off the menu, of course – butternut squash lasagnas, Thai zucchini noodle salads, and the sweet potato noodle Mexicali flatbread. They all loved it too!
I’m actually going to Chicago on Thursday with a bunch of my food blogger friends to showcase the menu to them. I can’t wait – I’m so proud of this collaboration!
Now for today, we have a spiralized version of the classic Waldorf salad with chicken. The mayonnaise is replaced with a high-protein, low-sugar alternative: Greek yogurt. The apples are spiralized and the salad is stuffed into lettuce cups, which are my favorite vessel to enjoy these types of salads.
So, if you live near a Houlihan’s location, go visit and check out my menu – it’s available until June!
President’s Day Sale
The Inspiralizer is 15% off today only, in honor of President’s Day! To redeem this offer, simply enter code PRES15 when checking out on our Shop page! Please note that this offer is only valid on the Inspiralizer itself, not any of our other products or bundles. Thank you for your support!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- For the waldorf salad:
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 Gala apple or apple of choice, Blade C
- 1 cup grapes, halved (red or green – it’s preference!)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 green lettuce leaves or 6 bibb lettuce cups
- For the fayonnaise:
- ⅔ cup + 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken in a medium deep skillet and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt, cover, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Transfer to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Transfer the chicken to a plate and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- While chicken chills, place a small skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is heated, add in the walnuts and let toast for 5 minutes or until fragrant and starting to brown. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop and set aside.
- Also, combine all of the ingredients for the fayonnaise together in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Add the apple, chicken, celery and walnuts to the large bowl with the fayonnaise. Toss to combine thoroughly.
- Lay out your lettuce cups and fill with the waldorf mixture. Serve.