Happy Monday! Normally on Mondays, I’m missing the weekend, but this week, I have a lot to be excited for!
First up on that excitement list is the Virtual Dinner Party with Tuttorosso Tomatoes!
All of my recipes have led up to this moment, and I’m excited to kick off a Virtual Dinner Party, as part of the “Inspiralize the Spring” campaign.
A few select bloggers are bringing a week-long dinner party – each day, there will be a new blogger, providing a new course for this virtual dinner.
And guess what? They’re all spiralized!
Here’s the schedule, so you can follow along:
And as you’ll see, I’m responsible for appetizers! Spiralizing isn’t just for pasta and noodle dishes, they’re great for spicing up mundane sides and starters!
I have a spring roll recipe in my cookbook (now 40% off on Amazon!) yet I had never made one on this blog, so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to kick off this fun collaboration with Tuttorosso!
These Italian Zucchini Pasta Spring Rolls are a twist on my Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad. I picked a few essential, key ingredients from that recipe and stuffed them into a spring roll. They’re perfect for a summer get together – your guests will definitely be impressed! Spring rolls tend to be stuffed with Asian-inspired ingredients, so these spring rolls are a nice surprise.
I used the dressing to marinate the zucchini noodles first so that they soften and absorb the flavors of the Italian herb dressing. Then, the extra dressing is used for dipping!
When I first made a batch of these for this blog post, I saved them in the fridge and they stayed fresh for 3 days before they started to get soggy from the dressed zucchini noodles. Lu couldn’t get enough of them, they’re so flavorful, crunchy and refreshing!
Hope you enjoy the rest of the Virtual Dinner Party and make sure you enter to win all of hte great prizes from Tuttorosso Tomatoes (and Inspiralized!) here. Oh, and always hashtag your creations with #inspiralized and this time, also #tuttorossotomatoes!
The Inspiralized Giveaway
Don’t forget about the giveaway! I’m giving away 3 prizes – 1 signed copy of the Inspiralized cookbook, 1 Inspiralized t-shirt and 1 Inspiralizer! There will be 3 different winners! To enter to win, use the widget below:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
- For the rolls:
- ½ cup thinly sliced jumbo black olives *
- 1 large zucchini, Blade C, noodles trimmed*
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly*
- 3oz of ¼” thick matchstick slices of provolone cheese* (they’ll break up into smaller cubes as you slice them, that’s okay)
- 4oz of ¼” thick matchstick slices of salami*
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and sliced into ¼" slivers from 28oz can of Tuttorosso Tomatoes Peeled Plum Tomatoes*
- 6 rice paper sheets
- *don’t prep until you are prompted to in the directions below
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- Toss together the zucchini noodles with half of the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to soften the zucchini (or up to overnight!)
- While the zucchinis sit in the fridge, prep all of the ingredients with astericks (*).
- Fill a bowl with warm water. Submerge 1 of the rice paper sheets for about 3-4 seconds and then lay on your surface. Let sit for 30 seconds or until pliable.
- Lay the fillings on the edge of the rice paper closest to you. First, add in the olives and onions, then salami, provolone and tomato slice. Top with zucchini noodles.
- Then, gently pull away the edge of the wrap from the work surface and roll over all the fillings. Roll away from you and tuck in your filling toward you, keeping the roll tight. Once you roll over your fillings one complete time, fold the edges in and then keep rolling, keeping the roll tight.
- Slice the roll in half. Repeat until all rice paper sheets and fillings are used up.
- Serve with the extra dressing for dipping!