Yesterday, Lu and I tried to a) get the proper potting soil for our new cactus Bart and b) see The Revenant, finally.
Both were (sorta) fails.
First, we went to Home Depot to look for the soil – it has to be fast-draining soil for cactuses and succulents. Cactuses don’t really belong in New Jersey (especially when it’s 20 degrees out in the middle of winter,) so we want to get it right.
We pull into Home Depot and the lady tells us there’s no soil of that type available. So, we drive to a garden center in Hoboken and ask if they have it. They didn’t, they were sold out. Luckily, there were some adorable succulents, so I got three – and they potted them. I also got another plant and named it Pete – I’m not sure what type of plant it is, but when I cover the redecoration of my living room, I’ll be sure to share. Now, they all live on our sill.
As we’re driving to the movies, I look up on my phone and see that, in fact Home Depot does have fast-draining potting soil available. So, we decide to go back to Home Depot after the movies.
As we walk towards the theater, we notice a long line. About five minutes into the line, the attendant at the cashier screams, “The Revenant at 4:20pm is sold out!” Big womp, womp.
Thus, we go BACK to Home Depot and Lu ran in and grabbed a bag. Unfortunately, once we got home, we realized that we needed about three bags of soil to fill our potter.
Needless to say, we didn’t go back to Home Depot, but Lu’s going to grab a bag in the city on his way home from work – I think the cactus will do just fine until then. My father is a landscaper (he’s an entrepreneur like me and started a landscape & design company shortly after he married my mom,) so I’m hoping I have a green thumb!
Bart, meet my readers. Readers, meet Bart:
By the way – I plan on relaunching alissandrab in March, after the bulk of my work on cookbook #2 is done (I launched the site RIGHT before I found out about my second cookbook deal, so I had to put it on hold.)
Today I’m excited to share some of my favorite spiralized recipes from OTHER bloggers. I’m not the only one making spiralized recipes (although I AM the only blogger 100% dedicated to it,) and I thought it would be nice to showcase some of the spiralized recipes that I’ve seen, loved and Pinned:
2. Kung Pao Chicken Zucchini Noodles by Skinnytaste
3. Tequila-Lime Chicken with Zucchini + Corn Salad with Salsa Verde by From The Land We Live On
4. Spiralized Apple Tart from Simply Quinoa
5. Chipotle Spiced Sweet Potato Noodles by Pork and Greens
7. Spiralized Sweet Potato and Egg White Kale Frittata by Kitchen Confidante (bonus points: she uses the Inspiralizer!)
8. Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce by Pinch of Yum
9. Spiralized Beetroot Noodle Salad with Orange Vinaigrette by The Foodie Teen
10. Vegetarian Red Lentil Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles by Food Faith Fitness
For other recipes that aren’t Inspiralized, but spiralized, follow my Pinterest board: