Labor Day is approaching, which means everyone is talking easy BBQ food. Easy ways to celebrate this unofficial end to summer.
I feel like I JUST did a July 4th roundup, so I cannot believe it’s already Labor Day.
Time flies when you’re having fun, right?
I’ll be doing a last-minute Labor Day roundup later this week, but for now, let’s look into these spiralized appetizers.
Now, you all know I love the caprese combination – blame the Italian in me, but for as many summers back as I can remember, some caprese combination was always on the table.
These are adorable, passable, shareable, biteable, and just everything-able. I love appetizers at BBQs, but I always find that everything is fried, breaded, and makes you feel full and lethargic. These little bites will do the exact opposite – you get that creamy pesto sauce, the fluffy mozzarella (who doesn’t love mozz?!), and crunch from the zucchini.
And of course, we have to use up those fresh tomatoes (Jersey has the best!!) before fall takes over and all we want to eat are sweet potatoes.
Whether you’re having guests over and want to use your spiralizer to impress or simply want an afternoon pick me up, these ingredients are easy to keep on hand and these bites are easy to make!
Check out the latest post on my lifestyle blog, alissandra b:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 4 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- ½ medium zucchini, Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 6 ¼” thick round slices of mozzarella, halved
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 3¼” thick round slices, halved
- optional to drizzle: olive oil
- optional to garnish: salt, pepper
- Toss the zucchini noodles in a medium bowl with the pesto until combined.
- Assemble the bites: place one half mozzarella slice down on a clean surface. Then, add on a tomato slice. Then, roll up some zucchini noodles and layer on top. Finish off with another mozzarella slice. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Transfer to a serving platter and optional, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.