And we’re baccccckkkk! Back by popular request, there’s a new episode of my What I Ate Today series up today on my YouTube channel.
In this episode, you’ll see me cook from the new Inspiralize Everything cookbook, whip up a raw spiralized veggie wrap for the blog, and enjoy some pre-run workout snacks (I’m training for a half marathon if you missed all about it in yesterday’s post!)
I’m so happy you all enjoy these videos, because they’re fun to put together – I rarely chronicle what I eat in a day, so it’s interesting to do it and look back and see what I actually eat in a day.
And I am NOT a calorie counter (it’s a prison sentence in my opinion!), but I did count the calories for this day and it equals to around 1,300-1,400. I’ve been trying to lean out for this half marathon training, so I’ve been keeping it full of veggies, complex carbs, and low/no sugar. Looking through my other videos, I tend to stick in the 1,200 to 1,800 calorie range.
In this What I Ate Today video, you’ll see me eat the following meals:
- Breakfast: Daily Harvest green smoothie (use code inspiralized on checkout here to receive three free smoothies!)
- Lunch: Spiralized raw vegetable wrap (recipe coming to the blog soon!)
- Snack 1: Pesto caprese bites with pesto zucchini noodles (recipe coming to the blog soon!) + 1 cranberry Kombucha
- Snack 2: Almond butter + banana (nut butter packets here)
- Dinner: Chicken Tagine with Apricot Golden Beet Rice from the new cookbook, using butternut squash instead of golden beets
- Dessert: A nectarine (and Lu also had a KIND bar!)
Watch the episode now and make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel to receive alerts when new videos are posted: