There’s nothing like technical difficulties to start your Monday off on the wrong foot. *insert frustrated emoji face*
Alas, there’s less to scroll through today – it’s just pictures and the recipe!
Hopefully tomorrow all the kinks with the website will be sorted, but for now, I have to keep it short.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
- 1 ear of corn
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice + ¼ teaspoon zest
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- pepper, to taste
- Place the corn in a medium pot, cover with water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook another 2 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain into a colander and set aside.
- While the corn is cooking, set a large skillet over medium-high heat and once heated, add in the bacon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour out half of the bacon grease and immediately add in the zucchini noodles. Season with red pepper flakes, garlic powder, lemon, zest and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
- Shave the corn into the skillet with the zucchini noodles. Toss to combine and then divide into bowls. Top with equal amounts of ricotta, seasoned with fresh cracked pepper, arugula and bacon and serve.