‘Tis the season for holiday gift guides!
This gift guide is totally random, just filled with wonderful stuff, primarily for the ladies (so guys, if you have a mother/sister/boyfriend/wife, this will be helpful for you too!)
And, as promised, I’m bringing more “What I Ate” videos to the blog, because you all have loved them and say that they give you great weekday meal ideas and inspiration. It’s a win-win, because they’re fun to film!
To start, here’s the What I Ate video – and trust me, you’re going to want to make the salad I had for lunch. It was so fresh – and you’ll see why prepping a few things ahead of time can make your cooking experience so much easier (and quick!) Healthy eating is simple – it just takes some planning and preparation.
Holiday Gift Guide
1. Hartwood – A cookbook based on the hipster restaurant in Tulum, Mexico. It tells the story of this incredible place and how the owner pretty much booked a ticket to Mexico (he is from the US) and started a restaurant where he makes fresh dishes every day, based on what the locals are selling at the markets. Pretty cool story, fantastic recipes.
2. Table Topics stack – Because every good hostess should have something for their guests to do while they pour cocktails and put the finishing touches on the ham (or whatever they’re making.)
3. Dauville single stem rose vase – This mini vase is just precious. I actually have it on my desk and it has no flowers in it (hint, hint, Lu), but it’s adorable and chic and works as a great officemate gift or something for the home.
4. Inspiralized cookbook – IT’S THE GREAT GIFT OF ALL TIME. And a NY Times bestselling cookbook. Just sayin’.
5. Wine rack – If I didn’t already have a wine bar, I would totally put this up in my house. If you have a friend that is into interior design (the rustic kind) and drinks wine (who doesn’t?) this is the one!
6. Good Food Good Fives tee – I’m all about clothing that sends a message, and I love this healthy food blogger’s t-shirt. I’d wear it proudly and anyone who loves food and living happily would dig it too.
7. A good Zwilling knife – There’s no better gift than an excellent Santoku knife. If you’re looking to give a quality gift that will last a long, long time – this is it.
8. Candles – With scents like Avocado Mint, do I need to say more? You can never go wrong with a candle – this is a great one for White Elephant or Secret Santa parties. Everyone loves to smell nice!
9. BKR water bottle – I actually have this in the largest size and it’s a gift from the heavens. For some reason, it makes your water taste like its fresh from the mountains. It’s also adorable and comes in a bunch of different colors. And help save the environment – no more plastic!
10. Tea bag holders – Uhm. I have never seen anything more cute in my life, so if you have a friend who loves to drink tea, I can’t think of a better, more useful gift!
11. Mobile foodie survival spice kit – I’ve totally brought pink sea salt to a restaurant before, because I knew I wantd to sprinkle it on some avocado toast. True story. This fits in a purse and is just fun.
12. But first, coffee mug – Everyone can relate to this gift and it functions as an accessory to your outfit, as well as a functional drinking mug. Two gifts in one!
12. The Inspiralizer® – You get it. 🙂
13. Birchwood place setting kit – You never need a reason to make things look special around the dinner table. I have these and love them – when friends come over, it’s fun to have little place settings there. Even if it’s just you and your cat – it’s fun.
14. Voluspa Santiago Huckleberry candle – I know, I know, another candle. But this isn’t just any ‘ole candle. This is my favorite candle scent in all of the world, so it had to make the list. It’s also a gorgeous centerpiece!
15. Votive decoration kit – Yes, another kit – they’re for your DIY-inclined friends. Or, buy these for yourself to put around your apartment. They’re definitely great for New Years Eve parties or “just because” festivities.
16. Kate Spade umbrella – I have this and honestly, it’s the best, most coverage umbrella I’ve ever owned. You can’t underestimate the power of a chic umbrella, especially now that it’s raining and snowing and getting cold.
17. You are the best mug – For your friend that needs a little pick me up or just a friend you want to show your love for! Who wouldn’t want to have their morning coffee with this?
18. Initial stationary – Of course, make sure you pick the proper initial before purchasing, but once you do, how pretty are these? These are definitely for your friend who loves writing hand written notes or is a chic business woman.
19. Monogrammed water jug – My mother brings a pitcher of water with her to bed every night, because she tends to get thirsty (she’s diabetic) and I’ve done the same thing in my adult life. What better way to hydrate than with a gorgeous jug?
20. Drink me tote bag – If you’re going to a party and need to give the hostess a gift and feel bad “just bringing wine,” bring it in this tote and then say, “Oh, the tote’s for you too!” He/she will LOVE it.
21. Terrarium pot – I’ve wanted one of these for a while – they’re a cool addition to a work space to keep you zen or just something for the home. This one you assemble yourself, which is neat.
22. Popcorn maker – Ditch the microwave and make your own popcorn, in style. There’s no way to impress your boyfriend/girlfriend on Netflix and chill night than with this gadget.
23. Hershel tote bag – Okay, in all honesty, I was searching for new laptop bags and I stumbled about this rad bag. A great bag for going from the gym to brunch or on those days when you’re running around and need a functional tote.