Spicy Ginger Scallion & Egg Drop Zucchini Noodle Bowl
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes depends on how spicy you like it
- 1.5 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 medium zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the white parts of the scallions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger and cook for 3 minutes or until scallions begin to soften.
Add the sherry vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable broth and water. Bring to a boil.
Once broth boils, reduce to medium and slowly pour in the egg while stirring the broth to create egg wisps.
Add in the zucchini noodles, remaining green parts of the scallions and let cook for 2-3 minutes more until zucchini softens to al dente. Divide the soup into two bowls, season with black pepper and serve.