Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls with Avocado and Cucumber Noodles
- 1 large sashimi grade ahi tuna steak diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 very ripe avocado peeled, insides cubed
- 1 small jalapeno seeds removed, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1.5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5-2 large seedless cucumbers Blade C, noodles trimmed
- For the poke dressing:
- 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ heaping cup finely diced scallions
Place the tuna in a bowl with the poke dressing ingredients. Stir to combine and set aside to marinade.
While the tuna marinades, combine the avocado, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a medium sized mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk together until creamy. Taste and adjust, if needed.
Thoroughly pat dry the cucumber noodles and add them to the mixing bowl and toss the noodles until they’re completely coated in the avocado sauce.
Divide the cucumber noodles into three bowls and top with equal amounts of the tuna poke, using a slotted spoon to portion out the poke, to avoid extra liquid. Serve.