Tomato Basil Broccoli Noodle and White Bean Salad
- 2 large heads of broccoli with stems
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- For the dressing:
- 5-6 campari tomatoes seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Separate the broccoli florets from their stems and set aside the stems and one head of broccoli’s florets. While you will be using both stems, you will only be using one broccoli heads’ florets for this recipe (save the other one for future use.)
Remove as much stem as possible from the broccoli florets and place the florets into a food processor and pulse until breadcrumb like. Set broccoli aside in a bowl and wipe down the food processor.
Spiralize the broccoli stem, using Blade C. Roughly trim the noodles and place in the bowl with the floret crumbs.
Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into the food processor and pulse until chunky, but dressing-like. Don’t overprocess it – you don’t want this dressing to be watery.
Pour the dressing into the bowl, add in the beans and toss well to combine thoroughly. Serve immediately or let sit in the refrigerator to let flavors marinade.