Apple Tuna Salad Bell Pepper Sandwich
Servings: 4 bell pepper halves
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 packed cups of baby arugula
- 1 5 oz can tuna in water
- 2 large red bell peppers
- For the fayonnaise:
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients for the fayonnaise together in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Slice the apple halfway lengthwise and spiralize it, using Blade B. Add the apple to a large bowl with the celery, arugula, tuna and fayonnaise. Toss to combine thoroughly.
Slice the top off of both the bell peppers and slice in half. Deseed and remove any of the white inside flesh.
To assemble the sandwiches, fill each bell pepper with the apple tuna salad.