Asian Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken + Skinnytaste Cookbook Giveaway!
- For the peanut sauce:
- 1/3 cup lower sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3/4 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- For the chicken and veggies:
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- ½ tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- juice of ¼ lime
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 medium carrots made into matchsticks via julienne peeler
- 1 large broccoli stem Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 2 medium zucchinis Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3 lime wedges
- 3 springs of fresh cilantro for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, sriracha, ginger and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors blend and the sauce is slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minute
Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper and then transfer it to a large bowl and add the sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, 1 of the garlic cloves and the ginger.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil, then add the chicken. Cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 1 garlic clove, the scallions, carrots and broccoli noodles and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the zucchini noodles to the hot skillet and toss. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Add the cooked veggies, chicken and peanut sauce and cook, tossing everything together, for 1 minute.
Divide the noodles and chicken evenly among 3 bowls. Top each with the peanuts and serve with a lime wedge and a sprig of cilantro, for garnish.