Chunky Lamb Ragu with Celeriac Noodles
- ¾ - 1 pound ground lamb lean
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chopped thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ carrot finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ small yellow onion finely diced
- ½ celery rib finely diced
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium celeriac celery root
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the lamb, garlic, cumin, rosemary, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Break up the lamb with a wooden spoon and cook until browned. Then, add in the carrot, red pepper flakes, onion and celery and cook until vegetable soften and liquid mainly evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste to combine thoroughly and then add in the tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Cover partially and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens, 20 to 25 minutes.
While sauce cooks, peel and spiralize the celeriac with Blade B and trim the noodles. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the celeriac noodles, cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes or until celeriac is cooked to al dente, uncovering occasionally to toss. If celeriac noodles start to stick to the pan, add in drops of chicken broth.
Divide the celeriac noodles into bowls. Top the celeriac noodles with sauce and serve warm, garnished with mint.