Savory Parsnip Noodle Chive Waffles
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large parsnips peeled, Blade C, noodles roughly trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- optional to top: ¼ cup greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat a Belgian waffle iron.
Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the parsnip noodles and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are wilted and cooked through.
Once cooked, add to a bowl with the egg and chives and toss to combine. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and then pack in the parsnip mixture. Cook to the waffle iron’s settings and then remove carefully.
Optional: while waffles are cooking, mix together Greek Yogurt and lemon juice and season with pepper.
When waffles are done, top with optional Greek yogurt or serve as is, ideally with salty bacon or maple syrup.