Pear, Pomegranate and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Maple Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, Blade B, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large asian pear
- 5 oz container of arugula
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove crushed and then minced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the butternut squash noodles. Coat lightly with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper and roast for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through but still al dente.
While the squash cooks, combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
Spiralize the pear and add to a large mixing bowl with the arugula and walnuts. Once butternut squash is done, add it to the large bowl, drizzle over the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly.