Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Noodle Bowl with Pomegranates and Maple-Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon sliced blanched almonds
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper to taste
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Once the oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles, season with salt and pepper and let cook, tossing occasionally, for 7 minutes or until cooked through and al dente. Divide the sweet potato noodles into two bowls and tent with foil to keep warm.
While the sweet potato noodles cook, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
Place the remaining oil into the skillet and place back over medium heat. Add in the brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and start to char. Add in the almonds and let cook another 1 minute to lightly toast.
Transfer the cooked brussels to the bowls with the sweet potato noodles and add in the pomegranates and drizzle with dressing.