Daikon Noodle Vegetable Lo-Mein
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha or similar Asian hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly (any color will do)
- 6 baby corns
- 1 small carrot julienned
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 large daikon radish peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 cup chopped baby bok choy
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds to garnish
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, hot sauce, sesame oil and honey. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the garlic, mushrooms, and the white parts of the scallions. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the peppers, baby corn and carrots. Cook for about a minute and then add in the dry sherry and cook for another minute.
Add the sauce mixture, daikon noodles, remaining scallions and bok choy to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes or until daikon noodles are to your preference.
Portion into bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.