Garlic Mushroom and Leek Turnip Noodles
- 1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 2 medium turnips peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley + more to garnish optional
- 1/4 cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese to garnish
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Once oil heats, add the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Let cook for 2 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
Add in the leeks and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to wilt. Transfer the veggies to a plate and set aside. Then, add in the rest of the olive oil and then the turnip noodles. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes or until turnip noodles are al dente or cooked to your preference. When done, add in the mushrooms and leek mixture, parsley and toss to combine.
Divide the pasta into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired.