Oil-Free Walnut Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves tightly packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ?2 cup raw walnut halves
- 1 ?4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ?2 teaspoon sea salt
- For the rest:
- 4 to 6 large zucchini Blade C or D
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Raw pine nuts for garnish (optional)
Prepare the pesto: Combine all of the pesto ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. For a chunkier texture, instead use the pulse function on your blender or food processor to gently mix the ingredients together.
Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to create “noodles” out of the peeled zucchini. For a warm dish, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the zucchini “noodles” and tomatoes until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the pesto and stir quickly, just enough to warm the sauce, about 1 minute. Serve warm, with a sprinkle of pine nuts. For a cold dish, simply toss the raw zucchini “noodles” with the prepared pesto and top with the tomatoes and pine nuts.