Indian Carrot Noodle Salad with Spiced Lamb
- 1 pound ground lamb lean
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- salt to taste
- 3 large carrots peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- For the dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced thinly
- juice of 1 lemon + its zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and once heated, add in the lamb, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until all the fat releases into the pan. Add the garam masala and season with salt and pepper. Cook the lamb until its crispy, about 7 minutes.
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together. In a large mixing bowl, add in the carrot noodles, mint and cilantro. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
Divide the lamb mince between four plates and top with the carrot noodles.