Beet Tabbouleh Salad with Egg and Chickpeas
- 1 large beet or 2 medium, peeled, Blade D
- 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed from a can
- 3 hard-boiled eggs halved
Place the beet noodles into a food processor (in batches, if necessary) and pulse until rice-like. Place in a large mixing bowl and add in the parsley, mint, tomatoes and cucumber. Set aside.
Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the bowl with the beet rice and then add in the chickpeas. Toss to combine.
Divide the beet mixture into two bowls and top each with a hard boiled egg.