Mini Spiralized Butternut Squash and Feta Frittata
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed cup curly kale chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup butternut squash Blade D noodles about 1/4 of a small peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons well-crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese, or omit if dairy-free
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the kale, garlic and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until kale is mostly wilted and place in an 8” oven-safe skillet. Then, in the skillet used to cook the kale, add in the butternut squash noodles and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Toss and cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are mostly wilted. Place the cooked noodles into the 8” skillet and make sure the kale and noodles are evenly distributed in the skillet.
While the butternut squash cooks, stir in the feta to the beaten eggs. Pour the eggs evenly over the frittata and season with pepper. Let cook for 1 minute or until eggs set on the bottom.
Bake the 8” skillet frittata for 10-13 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and edges are lightly brown and when pierced with a toothpick, the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and divide into four slices.