Sweet Potato Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Corn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 chicken sausage links sliced into about 1/2” thick rounds
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the chicken sausage, corn and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. If using pre-cooked sausage, cook for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the chicken sausage and corn to a plate and immediately add in the sweet potato noodles. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook the noodles for 7 minutes or until cooked through and al dente.
Add in the chicken sausage and corn back into the skillet (along with any pan juices) and toss together with the sweet potato noodles.
Divide into bowls and serve immediately.