Chicken and Broccoli Butternut Squash Pasta
- For the pasta:
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley to garnish
- For the sauce:
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least 2 hours (up to 24), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or more as needed to thin
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay the butternut squash noodles out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through but slightly al dente (or cooked to your preference.)
Meanwhile, prepare the chicken and broccoli. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the chicken and season generously with salt and pepper. Let cook on all sides until browned on the outside, about 7 minutes. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if necessary.
When chicken and broccoli is done, add the butternut squash noodles to the pan along with the sauce and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine.
Divide mixture onto four plates and garnish with parsley.