Avocado-Tuna Salad with Beet Noodles
- For the salad:
- 1 package GreenGiant Beet Spirals
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- freshly ground salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 3 packed cups spring mix or other greens
- For the tuna salad:
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
- 1 5 oz can chunk lite tuna in water
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- salt and pepper
Fill a medium pot with hot water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, open the package of Beet Spirals and add to the boiling water. Cook until no longer frozen, about 3 minutes. Drain the noodles into a colander and pat dry. Set in the refrigerator to chill, about 2 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine all of the ingredients for the tuna salad in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Set aside.
Divide the Beet Spirals and spring mix onto two bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Top with the avocado-tuna salad mixture. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper. Serve.