Roasted Cauliflower and Carrot Noodle Salad with Lentils
- 1 medium cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dried brown or green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups firmly packed baby arugula
- ½ small bunch kale stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup warm water plus more if needed
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, cumin, salt, and pepper and toss again. Bake for 30 minutes, until the edges of the cauliflower are beginning to brown and crisp,s tirring once halfway through the baking time.
Meanwhile, add the lentils, water, and bay leaf in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
Put the arugula, kale, and carrot noodles in a large bowl.
To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and whisk until evenly blended. If the dressing is thicker than you’d like, whisk in water by the tablespoonful to achieve the desired consistency.
Pour half of the dressing over the arugula mixture and use your hands to massage it into the vegetables until they’ve softened. Add the cauliflower, the lentils, and the rest of the dressing and toss gently until well combined. Divide into bowls. Serve right away.