Sweet Potato Bolognese Skillet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled, diced
- 1 small red onion peeled, diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground turkey lean
- 2.5 teaspoons oregano flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more
- salt and pepper
- 1 24 oz jar tomato basil sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- to garnish: chopped parsley or basil
Heat the oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the carrots, onion, and celery. Cook until the vegetables soften and then add in the red pepper flakes, half of the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Push the veggies to one side of the skillet and then add in the ground turkey, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Season the meat with oregano, salt, pepper, and the rest of the garlic. Cook the meat until browned and then combine the veggies with the meat.
Pour the sauce over the meat and veggie mixture and stir until combined. Season again with salt and pepper and add in the sweet potato noodles. Let cook for 7 minutes to let the sweet potatoes cook. Once cooked through (taste a noodle, it shouldn’t be crunchy, more al dente.)
Sprinkle the top of the skillet with the cheese and cover and let the cheese melt, about 3 minutes. Uncover, garnish with parsley or basil and serve!