Chicken Fajitas with Spiralized Vegetables
- For the fajita seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- For the rest:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.25-1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 3 red bell peppers Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 4 green bell peppers Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 small white or red onion Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, cubed or sliced
- to serve: 1 lime quartered
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes or until chicken is mostly cooked through.
While chicken is cooking, stir together the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
To the skillet with the chicken, add in the bell peppers, onions, toss, and season with fajita seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until fork-tender. I like a crunchier bell pepper, so I only cook for about 3 minutes, but if you want a softer pepper, cook for 5 or more minutes.
Serve the chicken fajitas with brown rice or quinoa, black beans, and avocado or whatever fixings you’d like. Serve with lime wedges.