Pressure Cooker Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 pounds chicken with skin and bones I like to use about 4-6 chicken thighs, but if you like more meat, add in at least 1 chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium zucchinis Blade D, noodles trimmed
Turn your pressure cooker to the saute setting. Add the oil and let warm up for 30 seconds and then add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions turn translucent. Add the red pepper flakes, thyme, oregano, season with salt and pepper, and stir well.
Add the chicken broth, chicken, water, and bay leaves. Close the lid and set to the Soup setting and set the timer for 7 minutes. Once the cycle is done, wait until the natural release is done, about 10 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and shred, using two forks.
Switch the pressure cooker back to the saute function and add in the zucchini noodles and let cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Turn off the pressure cooker, add the chicken back, stir well, remove the bay leaves, and serve into bowls, garnished with freshly cracked black pepper.