Zucchini and Carrot Fritters
- 2 medium zucchinis Blade D, noodles well chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles well chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup tapioca flour and more as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon basil sliced
In a large bowl, add the zucchinis, carrot, onion, eggs, tapioca flour, baking powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix together well.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drizzle enough olive oil int to the hot skillet to coat the bottom. Working in batches, scoop the batter into the skillet, ¼ cup per fritter, flattening it with the back of the measuring cup. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the fritters over and cook until the second side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and immediately grate the lemon zest over them. Sprinkle with the sliced basil. Wipe the skillet clean and repeat with the remaining batter and garnishes. Serve warm.