Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry with Spinach
- 1 ” knob of ginger peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small yellow or red onion diced
- 1.5-2 tablespoons red curry paste more if you like it spicy
- florets from 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 15.5oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 14 oz can of lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or more
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- to serve: brown rice or quinoa
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the ginger, garlic, and onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are mostly soft. Add the curry paste and stir continually until vegetables are coated in the paste. Add the cauliflower and stir well to combine. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, broth, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat the medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. If there isn’t much liquid left and the cauliflower is still not done, add in another half cup of vegetable broth and continue until cauliflower is cooked.
Once the cauliflower is fork tender, add the spinach, stir to combine and turn off the heat.
Serve with brown rice, quinoa, or enjoy as is.