Zucchini and White Bean Stew
- 2 small to medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ red onion minced
- 1 15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tomato sauce I love Rao’s Marinara or Tomato Basil
- 1 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves julienned
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- to garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
Slice the zucchinis halfway through lengthwise, careful not to pierce through the center. Spiralize on Blade A to yield chip slices. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and onions, stir for 1 minute to soften onions and then add in the zucchini. Stir well and let cook for 3-5 minutes, tossing the zucchini occasionally, unit zucchini begins to soften.
Add the white beans, tomato sauce, broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in half of the basil, the spinach, and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the spinach wilts.
Divide stew into bowls and garnish with remaining basil and Parmesan cheese, if using.