Farro and White Bean Veggie Burger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked farro
- ½ cup oat flour if you have oats, just pulse in a food processor until flour-like!
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise can be vegan!
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- to serve: sliced avocado lettuce, cheese, etc
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the white beans and mash with the back of a fork until mostly mashed. Add the cooked farro, cooked onion mixture, oat flour, cumin, mayonnaise, and BBQ sauce.
Form the burgers into patties (about ½ cup per burger) and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Once burgers are formed, you can bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or cook on the stovetop with olive oil, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve on buns with desired toppings and drizzle with more BBQ sauce.
Healthy plant-based Farro and White Bean Veggie Burgers are an easy and protein-packed make-ahead dinner for the whole family.