Grilled Sweet Potato Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 red bell peppers sliced in 1/4" slices
- 1 small red onion cut in 1" slices
- 3 medium sweet potatoes any type will work sliced in 1/4" thick slices
- chili powder to season
- to assemble and serve: refried beans avocado, salsa, tortillas
Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together a tablespoon of the olive oil and taco seasoning. Add the peppers and onions and toss to coat. Transfer them to a greased grill basket.
In the same mixing bowl used to toss the peppers, add the sweet potatoes and drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil. Season with chili powder and toss together to coat. Transfer the sweet potato slices on a large greased grill pan, careful not to overlap (for best results.)
Grill for 10 minutes, then flip the sweet potatoes and grill another 5-10 minutes or until fork tender. When you flip the sweet potatoes, toss the peppers and onions.
Meanwhile, gather and assemble your fixings. We love to use refried beans, avocado, and salsa.
Once vegetables are done grilling, serve family style with tortillas and fixings.