Salt-Free Veggie Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled, diced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes (check to make sure it's no salt added)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or 1 garlic clove, if baby is sensitive)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Heat the oil in a medium pot or skillet. Once oil is shimmering, add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer the veggies to a blender and add the tomatoes and oregano. Blend until creamy.
If using and want warmer, pour the sauce back into the skillet used to cook the veggies and heat up. If saving, refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.