Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken Bowls
- 1.5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce*
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or rice of choice
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup defrosted or canned corn or if you can use fresh corn, even better!
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, cubed or thinly sliced
- *I like naturally sweetened barbecue sauce with minimally processed ingredients. Use whatever works for your family here. I love True Made Foods Vegetable BBQ Sauce.
For the chicken (can be prepped ahead!): Place the chicken, water, and barbecue sauce to the inner pot of a 6 quart pressure cooker. Place the lid on the pot, turn the vent to Sealing position and hit Pressure Cooker for 12 minutes. After the 12 minutes, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release to release any remaining pressure. Note: if using frozen chicken, pressure cook for 20 minutes, let naturally release for 10 minutes, and then quick releas to release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and shred the chicken. To do this, you can transfer the chicken to a stand mixer and shred. Or, you can remove the chicken with tongs and set onto a cutting board and shred with two forks. Or, you can also just use a hand mixer in the pressure cooker and mix until shredded. Once chicken is shredded, add back to the pot and stir well to combine with sauce.
Divide the rice, beans, corn, and romaine lettuce into bowls. Top with chicken and avocado slices.