Sweet Potato and Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 medium-large bell peppers pick the colors you like best!, halved, seeds removed fully
- 1 large sweet potato peeled Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn frozen or fresh
- ½ cup chopped scallions green parts only
- ½ cup shredded pepperjack cheese or just use a Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 avocadoes peeled, pitted and sliced
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet. Spritz the peppers with the cooking spray and lay out in the dish/sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
?Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once oil is shimmering, add the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until mostly wilted (they don’t need to be fully cooked, because they will cook longer in the peppers.) Add the tomatoes, cayenne, paprika, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, black beans, and corn. Season with salt. Mix together.
?Once the peppers are done cooking, stuff the peppers with the mixture until all peppers are filled. Top each pepper with scallions and then sprinkle each with cheese.
?Bake the peppers for 10 minutes until cheese melts well. Remove the peppers from the oven, garnish with cilantro, and serve with avocado.