Gruyere and Beet Sourdough Sandwich with Apple and Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 heaping cup shredded brussels sprouts make sure there are no tough parts or big chunks
- ¼ Gala or honeycrisp or other similar apple, in matchsticks or spiralized
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 oz precooked beets try to get a brand that’s roasted, like LoveBeets
- thinly sliced gruyere cheese about ¼ pound
Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees.
While oven preheats, in a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and season with salt and pepper. Add the sprouts and apples and toss. Set aside.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out all 4 slices of sourdough. On two of the slices, lay out the beet slices and top with the gruyere slices. Once oven is preheated, bake in the oven until cheese melts, about 7 minutes. If the bread without the beets start to brown, remove (you just want them to slightly toast.)
Top the melted cheese with sprouts slaw and top with toasted bread slice. Serve.