Vegetarian Sweet Potato Rice & Bean Chili
- 1 large sweet potato 340g+, peeled, Blade D
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper or green
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 14oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 14oz can of white beans (cannellini)
- 1 14oz can of red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 4-5 avocados insides cubed
Place your spiralized sweet potato noodles into a food processor and pulse until made into rice-like bits. Set aside.
Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds. Then, add in the onions and cook for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
Next, add in the carrots, celery, peppers, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and oregano. Stir to combine and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Then, pour in the vegetable broth, water, tomatoes and beans. Cover, raise heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, reduce to a simmer, stir in the fresh parsley and let cook for 20 minutes, uncovered.
After 20 minutes, add in the sweet potato rice, stir to combine and let cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Once done, ladle into bowls and enjoy garnished with a few avocado chunks (about 1/2 avocado per bowl).