Pork Lo Mein with Zucchini Noodles
- For the pork and noodles:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 boneless pork chops fat trimmed, sliced into 1/4” thick strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 ” piece ginger peeled, minced
- 4 scallion stalks sliced, white and green parts separated
- 6 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth low sodium
- 2 red bell peppers Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 4 zucchinis Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 2 large carrots peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- sesame seeds to garnish
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce just substitute with soy sauce if you don’t have oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the pork strips, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink on the inside and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. When done, set aside and place the skillet back over medium-high heat.
While pork cooks, prepare the sauce: add all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
To the skillet from the pork, add the garlic, ginger, and white scallion parts and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and broth and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and carrot cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and toss. Add the sauce and cooked pork and cook for 3 minutes or until the zucchini softens to your preference.
Divide into plates and garnish with sesame seeds and green parts of the scallions.