Spiralized Sweet Potato Pizza Bake with Turkey Bacon
Prep Time 15 minutes mins
Cook Time 35 minutes mins
Total Time 50 minutes mins
- For the sweet potatoes:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, Blade C
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the casserole:
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce I like Rao’s
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1.25 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 turkey pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil to garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a 10” cast-iron skillet or square casserole dish.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until noodles begin to soften.
Transfer the cooked noodles to the casserole dish and pour over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the dried oregano over the tomato sauce evenly and then layer over with the mozzarella cheese. Place the pepperoni slices on top in rows.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts through and is slightly golden brown.
Remove from the oven, garnish with basil and parmesan cheese.