And the boiled carrot noodles are back!
Remember when I told you how much I love boiled carrot noodles? I love them so much, I made a video about it!
Well, if you weren’t a believer of the coodle before, when you top them with this spicy tomato sauce, you’ll become a belieber. Err, believer. #yesijustmadeajustinbeiberreference
Ha, making jokes and it’s only Tuesday!
This is another recipe that Tuttorosso Tomatoes asked me to inspiralize! I decreased the amount of olive oil and of course, I replaced the “regular” spaghetti with carrot noodles! You can find their original recipe here.
It’s a simple sauce that freezes and reheats well, as do the carrot noodles. If you’re looking for a quick weeknight “gourmet Italian” pasta night, make this recipe.
Plus, it’s versatile – add some grilled chicken, some ground turkey, some chickpeas, or load up on extra veggies (fresh spring asparagus would be great for texture here!)
You can also find this recipe here, on the Tuttorosso Tomatoes website.
On a separate note, make sure you come back tomorrow as I celebrate my birthday and with that, giveaway everything Inspiralized – a signed copy of the cookbook, an Inspiralizer and an Inspiralized t-shirt!
Can’t wait to celebrate with all of you. On Sunday, the celebration began with a brunch at Marc Forgione’s restaurant in TriBeCa. They brought us a family-style menu, since it was a party of eight and let me tell you: we were stuffed beyond belief, everything was so delicious, we all couldn’t stop eating – stuffed brioche french toast, perfectly fluffy eggs with bacon, pork sliders, buckwheat pancakes, and the most epic home fries.
I was too busy laughing and eating to take any pictures! That restaurant gets me every time.
Have you ever made pasta arrabiata before?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Pasta Arrabbiata with Carrot Noodles
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 ounce can Tuttorosso® Diced Tomatoes in rich tomato juice
- 1 28 ounce can Tuttorosso® Tomato Puree with basil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 large carrots peeled, spiralized using Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook about 3 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned, being careful not to burn. Add in diced tomatoes and tomato puree, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in red pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper. Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large saucepan filled halfway with water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the carrot noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Drain into a colander and set aside.
- Once sauce is done cooking, remove from heat, fold in the cheese and basil and toss well to combine. Add in the carrot noodles, toss and transfer to a large pasta serving bowl.