Pesto Caprese Couscous Salad with Chickpeas
After sharing my Mediterranean Couscous Salad with you all and seeing how much you’re loving it, I wanted to share another easy idea for a couscous salad. This time, we’re making a pesto version!
This salad is packable, ideal for potlucks and easy dinners or lunches, and lasts for leftovers. If you’re grilling this summer, serve this pesto salad as a side dish! Otherwise, it’s hearty enough to serve as a main dish as well.
I love the starchy chickpeas, but you can also use white beans instead. The arugula gives the dish a little earthiness and a fresh bite. Overall, this is very similar to my Mediterranean Couscous Salad, but the pesto puts it on a different level.
I hope this becomes your new go-to!
Pesto Pearl Couscous Salad
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups cooked pearl couscous (or 1 ½ cups dry, then cook to yield 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup halved mozzarella balls
- 1½ cups baby arugula
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, add the pesto and top with couscous and give a big stir. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, arugula, and beans and stir again to combine. Serve.