The air fryer isn’t just for frying without oil, it’s simply an easy and quick way to cook vegetables and proteins, as well! I love cooking fish in the air fryer because there’s no fishy oils splattering all over my stovetop and you still get that slightly crusty top like you fried it in the pan.
Salmon goes with nearly everything from curries to rice bowls and I love it especially on a salad. This heart-healthy seafood adds a robust protein to this kale salad, which is made by massaging olive oil into kale and tossing with lemon juice for just enough tartness to brighten the salmon.
Frankly, you can make air fryer salmon salads any way, but I find this one to be especially satisfying – and it’s pretty, too with all the colors from the crunchy cucumbers, tomatoes, and greens.
Air Fryer Tzatziki Salmon Bowls with Lemony Kale
- 4 3oz each salmon pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped curly kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- tzatziki to serve (about ½ cup)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper. Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add the salmon in. Cook for 12 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your preference (medium thick salmon should be done in 10-12 minutes, but anything thicker will require more time.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the bowls. Place the kale into a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and massage with your hands for 1-2 minutes until wilted and softened. Divide the kale, quinoa, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, feta, and cucumbers evenly among 4 bowls. Set aside.
- Once the salmon is done cooking, top each prepared bowl with the salmon, top with a couple tablespoons of tzatziki and serve.