I’m sharing how we fit Daily Harvest into our mealtimes, our favorite items, and why I’ve been using their service for years (and still love it!) Use code INSPIRALIZED25 for $25 off your order.
Why Our Family Loves Daily Harvest (And Our Favorites!)
Shortly after starting this blog and this brand, I discovered Daily Harvest. At first, they only had smoothies, and I loved them right away. I’m not someone who likes to build their smoothies, and I always forget to buy spinach or freeze my bananas or whatever, and then I don’t end up making a smoothie. Once I learned about Daily Harvest, I never looked back – now, I always have at least a couple of their smoothie cups in my freezer. In fact, I still have the same discount code – code INSPIRALIZED25 gets you $25 off your first order!
But Daily Harvest doesn’t stop with smoothies. In fact, Daily Harvest has options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert! With this post, I want to show you how Daily Harvest is an absolute must-have in your freezer and can help you stay healthy, even on your laziest, busiest or most exhausted of days! Whether you’re a person living the dream alone or a parent with crazy toddlers, Daily Harvest can help.
And if there’s one thing Daily Harvest does well it’s making it easier to eat more vegetables and fruits, especially for those who want to do it deliciously and easily. They take the guesswork out of getting your daily dose of fruits and veggies! The coolest thing about Daily Harvest is that when you open each product, you immediately see real, whole ingredients – so you know exactly what you’re eating.
How does Daily Harvest Work?
It’s a food service entirely curated by the customer (me/you!) You choose your plan of how many items you want (you can select from anything and everything) and how often you want it delivered (monthly or weekly.) They have over 80 nourishing, unique options that range from breakfast to dessert. After your initial order, you can customize it even further – skip a week, swap out selections, change the number of item, and more. They really cater to you!
That’s why I love Daily Harvest – it’s convenience, customizable, fast, easy, and they have ingredients you can see (they’re also listed on the cup!) They’re frozen, so the ingredients always taste fresh and everything I’ve tried has been delicious, even if it’s not by typical flavor preference.
My Favorite Daily Harvest Items
It’s hard to choose favorites, but if I had to, here we go. Below are the categories they offer and my personal favorites from each category.
You’ll see that I’ve made a note on how I modify the recipes to be “fuller” meals (calorically more dense or with more protein.) Some of their items are meant to be afternoon pick me ups instead of full meals, so I often “jazz” them up a bit if I want to enjoy them as a meal. Or, now, I’m really protein-conscious (because of my twin pregnancy), so I like to ensure I’m packing in a powerful protein punch.
For example, my go-to “everyday” smoothie is based off of their Banana + Greens smoothie cup. To this, I add 1-2 scoops of protein powder, 1 tablespoon almond butter, pea milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseed. Yes, I know that’s kind of a lot, BUT I love that I don’t have to have frozen bananas, cucumbers, spinach, kale, lemon juice, and wheatgrass powder – I just use what’s in my pantry (I always have those basics.) It takes the pressure off grocery shopping for perishables. It’s such a time saver!
Similarly, my favorite dessert right now is adding chocolate protein powder to the Mint + Cacao smoothie and having it as a post-dinner dessert, which keeps me satiated through the night and satisfies my protein needs for the day. It seriously takes like a Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie.
- Banana + Greens for my everyday smoothie, Mint + Cacao for post-dessert smoothie, and the Strawberry + Peach frozen into ice pop molds for my kids in the summertime (I add some chia seeds!)
- Harvest Bowls
- Red Lentil + Cumin with some tasted Naan or the Brussels Sprouts Pad Thai (over some noodles or quinoa!) The Sweet Potato + Wild Rice Hash is so good topped with a fried egg!
- Carrot + Coconut Curry with some quinoa, Tomato + Zucchini Minestrone (it rivals my mother’s!)
- Oat Bowls
- Apple + Cinnamon (stirred with a tablespoon of protein powder) this bowl will make your whole house smell like Thanksgiving, it’s so autumnal!
- Chia Bowls
- I’m not a huge chia seed pudding fan, but the Chocolate + Almond is just so flavorful and such a fueling breakfast.
- I’m not having the lattes right now because of pregnancy, but the Coffee + Almond is my fav. Top with blended ice!
- I will admit, I was hesitant about these “sweet potato crust” flatbreads, but WOW. I eat the Tomato + Pepper weekly, sometimes topped with a little shredded Pepperjack cheese for extra spice and protein. The sauce is so flavorful, you don’t need even need cheese! I also love the Artichoke + Spinach.
- Scoops (like “nice” cream!)
- DEADLY. I’m a fudge gal, so I love the Chocolate + Ooey, Gooey Midnight Fudge, but Lu can’t get enough of the Vanilla + Salted, Swirled Black Sesame. My tip: let it thaw out for 20-30 minutes, it gets so epically creamy.
- Love the Coconut + Lemon Bites, they’re addicting, but if you’re in the chocolatey mood, you can’t mess with the Nutella-like flavors of the Hazelnut + Chocolate Bites.
And just a note, they also have these “Mylk” pods which can be put into a blender with water to make nut milk! It’s a great option to have on hand when you run out of your usual milk alternative and are in a pinch! Or, if you’re over all the fillers and gums in those milk alternatives, these Mylk pods are an easy solution.
Why I’m Loving Daily Harvest More Than Ever
As a future mama to 4 kids, time has never been more precious. More so, fueling myself properly (and quickly! and easily!) is of the utmost importance. With Daily Harvest, they just make it easy. I tell my husband all the time that one of my goals in life is to have a giant freezer so I can just fill it with all of my Daily Harvest meals. Seriously, I prioritize my kitchen appliances around my Daily Harvest!
I can spend more time with my kids and my family because I know I always have something in the freezer that I can heat up quickly and serve to everyone. I’m never bored, and I’m always introducing new flavors into mealtimes.
It’s been very cool to see this brand grow, and I’m so honored to work with them, as they started off with just smoothies and now they’re a one-stop-shop! They’re constantly adding new items, and it’s been so exciting to try new flavors that I’d never even think to make (or just, frankly, didn’t want to devote the time to cooking!)
If you’ve made it this far, you must be convinced – just remember to use my $25 off code INSPIRALIZED25! And scroll back up to see my favorite picks for inspiration! Don’t sleep on that Tomatillo + Pepper flatbread, seriously!
Thank you to Daily Harvest for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own, always.