If you didn’t know this already, there’s a private Facebook community for Inspiralized.
In this community of over 6,300 people, those who love to spiralize and eat healthy get together to talk about exactly that – eating healthy and #inspiralized!
I love the community. My favorite time of day is now when I go through the community and check to see what members are talking about and making. I’m so impressed by the delicious meals everyone’s creating!
I also love the support of the community. If anyone has a question about spiralizing or an issue cooking a particular recipe from the blog or cookbook, everyone chimes in and comes to the rescue! Of course, the community is moderated by Meaghan and myself, so we check in every day to make sure there aren’t any questions that need our urgent attention.
It’s just such a fun way to engage with all of you on a much more personal level. This isn’t anything like the main Facebook page (Facebook.com/Inspiralized) where we share announcements, recipes, and Facebook Lives. It’s a more dedicated, intimate community where people can interact with one another!
If you’re interested in joining, it’s free! I really encourage you to (click here!) – I’m amazed everyday by the creativity and inspiration from all the members!
After seeing so many people post their own original recipes, I decided to create an “Inspiralized Cook-off Challenge” to happen every other month. In these challenges, we post a theme (this theme was “your go-to healthy spiralized meal”) and members have a full month to submit their recipe images and full-length recipes. The winner gets their recipe re-created on this blog, each time!
We got so many submissions, members voted, we narrowed it down to three finalists, and then finally, the winner was chosen! Congratulations to Stephanie Todd, who won with her Pot Sticker Bowls (adapted from Iowa Girl Eats recipe.)
And now, let’s get to know Stephanie, our winner! And don’t forget to join the community, if you’re interested!
Meet Stephanie: Community Cook-off Challenge Winner
Cook-off month: January
Cook-off theme: Healthy go-to recipes
Cook-off recipe: Pot Sticker Bowls with Rutabaga Noodles
What is your name and where do you live?
Stephanie Todd, Airdrie Alberta, Canada
How did you come up with this Pot Sticker Bowls recipe?
In my quest to lose weight I have developed the habit of turning my favorite meals into spiralized creations. Pot stickers are one of my husbands favs so I thought I would take a kick at making it spiralized. My love of recipe creating and sharing my journey resulted in my creating my own blog – Confessions of a Meal Plan Addict.
When did you first start spiralizing/when did you discover spiralizing?
I discovered your blog about 2 years ago when I first started my nearly 50 pound weight loss journey.
How often do you spiralize?
Weekly. I prep all my meals on Sunday including all of my spiralizing (you actually featured one of my pictures on your Instagram recently – it had my fancy prep board, your cookbook, and the Inspiralizer in it).
How has spiralizing helped you be healthier?
The biggest win for me was being able to morph most of our favorite dishes into spiralized recipes.
Why did you join the Inspiralized community?
I joined because I love spiralizing and love talking about it ha ha (hence why I started a food blog with a spiralizing section), I love the Inspiralizer and the books and like to connect with others who are cooking with all of these things each week, too.
What do you love most about the Inspiralized community?
I love seeing real people post their creations and see I am not the only one that is swearing at my rutabaga! It’s nice to see what people are making and loving and then I am more likely to give it a try.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Inspiralized Cook-off Challenge, and we can’t wait for our next contest, launching tomorrow:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Pot Sticker Bowls with Spiralized Rutabaga
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium rutabaga Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 cup diced scallions white and green parts separated
- 1 medium carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 3 cups spiralized green or purple cabbage *I chose to omit
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the rutabaga noodles and toss. Cook for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until rutabaga noodles are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, chicken broth, rice vinegar, ginger, half the garlic, and red chili peppers in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large wok over medium-high heat, add the pork, crumbling with a wooden spoon, and saute until cooked through, 7-10 minutes. Add the rest of the garlic garlic and white parts of the scallions and cook for 2 minutes or until onions soften. Add the carrots, cabbage, and toss well, letting cook for 3 minutes or until vegetable soften. Add the prepared sauce and the cooked rutabaga noodles and toss until combined and warm.
- Serve warm, garnished with the green parts of the scallions.