We’re in week #2 of my vegan month, and today, I’m sharing this extra-green bowl of noodles.
I love how colorful vegan eating can be and how it’s easy to make meals that are green.
I’m happy to be back home and cooking. Not until I’m away do I realize how much I truly love cooking and how much it makes me happy.
I turn on the music, put on something comfy, and just cook. There’s nothing more relaxing and entertaining than cooking. There’s something about watching a meal come together in steps that’s especially gratifying.
Yesterday, I had to test a few remaining recipes again from my second cookbook (cover real and more details coming soon, I promise!) and so I spent the entire afternoon in the kitchen.
After a few days of bacheloretting, there’s nothing like making your own healthy, nutritious meals. My body was begging me for it!
This Asian-dressed salad is chock full of detoxifying, hydrating veggies, such as zucchini, cucumber, and bell peppers. The avocado is anti-bloating, the edamame and nut butter pack the protein, and the dressing is light, but flavorful.
This dish doesn’t save very well in the refrigerator, because of the cucumbers, but if you’d like to save it, omit the cucumbers at first and add them fresh when you’re ready to eat!
That’s all, folks – I am doing something I’ve never done before tomorrow, so make sure you’re following me on Snapchat or Instagram to follow along. You won’t believe it – and you’ll be very proud!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Sesame Cucumber and Zucchini Bowl with Avocado
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut or almond butter
- For the noodles:
- 1 large cucumber Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and insides cubed
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- To garnish: 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together.
- Pat the cucumber noodles dry with paper towels and place into a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients for the noodles. Pour over the dressing and toss to mix. Garnish with sesame seeds.